This web site could comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Not solely is that this gluten-free pie crust buttery and scrumptious, however it solely takes 4 easy components to make! It’s additionally keto-friendly, making it the proper diet-conscious selection for Thanksgiving!
The very best pies begin on the crust. I really like making my very own from scratch as a result of one, it’s lots simpler than you’d assume, and two, they style one million occasions higher! This vacation season, strive my grandma’s excellent pie crust and take a look at this information to blind baking to make sure your pies end up completely!
The Greatest Gluten-Free Pie Crust Recipe
Pie is likely one of the finest issues about Thanksgiving, and you must be capable of take pleasure in it even when you have a gluten-free weight loss plan! This gluten-free pie crust offers you the very best of each worlds. It’s nonetheless golden brown and buttery, however made with almond flour to make it diet-friendly! And for these of you on the lookout for one thing keto as properly, take into account this your fortunate day. Almond flour is of course low-carb!
This gluten-free pie crust is tremendous straightforward to make. And did I point out you solely want 4 easy components to whip it up? It’s the reply to your whole Thanksgiving baking wants! This crust is so buttery and flaky and a must-make for the vacations. Chances are you’ll even prefer it greater than a standard crust! Use it along with your favourite pie recipe, you gained’t be capable of get sufficient.
Elements You’ll Want
I imply, does it get any less complicated than this? So long as you’ve obtained some almond flour, the remainder of the components wanted to make this gluten-free crust are most likely in your pantry proper now! Word: all measurements will be discovered under within the recipe card.
- Almond Flour: Be sure you use almond flour and never almond meal. They’ve a unique consistency. Additionally, the finer the flour the higher! I used ultra-fine almond flour in order that my crust turned out lump-free.
- Salt: You simply want a pinch to maintain your pie crust from tasting bland.
- Butter: Since we add salt individually, I used unsalted butter right here.
- Massive Egg: One massive egg helps to bind the entire components collectively!
How one can Make a Gluten-Free Pie Crust
It solely takes 45 minutes from begin to end! This straightforward gluten free almond flour pie crust recipe is unquestionably one to maintain available. It’s really easy however seems completely each time. Gluten sensitivity or not, that is one thing that the entire household will be capable of take pleasure in.
Getting ready the Dough
- Put together Pie Dish, Preheat Oven: Frivolously grease a pie pan with cooking spray or butter and put aside. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Mix Elements: In a big bowl combine your dry ingredients- almond flour and salt. Then add in your melted butter and egg. With a hand mixer, combine all of the components collectively. As soon as it has all come collectively knead the combination by hand a bit to carry all of it into an enormous ball.
- Roll Out: Lay one sheet of parchment on a flat floor and place the dough on high, press flat and lay one other sheet on high and roll dough out right into a circle that can suit your pie pan.
- Add to Pan: Take away the highest sheet and place the dough within the pie pan, dough facet down. After you have it centered on the pie pan, take away the opposite sheet of wax paper.
- Form: It’s regular to your crust to crumble at this step, that is when you’ll press the dough into the pan evenly till all of the pan is roofed. At this level you can also make an ornamental border.
- Bake: Poke across the backside of your gluten-free pie crust with a fork, and bake for 15-20 minutes with a crust protect overlaying the sides. Crust ought to be a golden colour when carried out.
- Par-Bake if Wanted: In case you are filling the pie with a filling that must be baked within the crust, par-bake the crust for about 10 minutes, then take away the crust from the oven, fill and bake in line with the filling’s directions.
Do I Must Use Pie Weights?
Almond flour is a little more dense than common flour, so it tends to carry its form higher. Utilizing pie weights is non-compulsory! If you need your gluten-free pie crust to be as excellent as attainable, you should use pie weights, raw rice, or dried beans within the backside to maintain it from rising or cracking whereas it bakes.
Now that you’ve got this scrumptious gluten free pie crust able to go, all you must do is add a tasty filling! This gluten-free pie crust works nice for each cream and fruit pies. Listed below are just a few of my favourite recipes to observe for those who want some Thanksgiving dessert inspiration! Discover extra of my favourite pie recipes right here.
Ideas for Making Your Pie Crust
From baking tricks to substitutions, listed below are just a few methods to excellent your gluten-free pie crust. It’s so flaky, buttery, and scrumptious! You’re going to utterly like it!
- Use as a Single-Crust: This crust works finest as a backside crust. I like to recommend utilizing this with a pie that gained’t require a crust on the highest. (Coconut cream pie, I’m taking a look at you!)
- Make it Dairy-Free: You possibly can change the butter with coconut oil for a dairy-free possibility.
- Add Sweetness: If you wish to sweeten this pie crust you possibly can add 1 tablespoon of sugar, or a sugar substitute.
- Use a Meals Processor: As a substitute of a hand mixer, you should use a meals processor to realize a pleasant, positive crumb. This blends all of the components collectively simply.
How Lengthy Does a Gluten-Free Pie Crust Final?
Excellent news is, this pie crust is nice for making forward! Whipping it up beforehand is nice for assuaging some stress on Turkey Day.
- Within the Fridge: Retailer coated with plastic wrap for as much as 1 week.
- Within the Freezer: Retailer wrapped in plastic wrap or in an hermetic bag or container for as much as 3 months.
Frivolously grease a pie pan with cooking spray or butter and put aside. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
In a big bowl combine your almond flour and salt. Add in your melted butter and egg, with a hand mixer, combine all of the components collectively. As soon as it has all come collectively knead it by hand a bit to carry all of it into an enormous ball.
Lay one sheet of parchment on a flat floor and place the dough on high, press flat and lay one other sheet on high and roll dough out right into a circle that can suit your pie pan.
Take away the highest sheet and place the dough within the pie pan, dough facet down. After you have it centered on the pie pan, take away the opposite sheet of wax paper.
It’s regular to your crust to crumble at this step, that is when you’ll press the dough into the pan evenly till all of the pan is roofed. At this level you can also make an ornamental border.
Poke across the backside of the crust with a fork, and bake for 15-20 minutes with a crust protect on overlaying the sides. Crust ought to be a golden colour when carried out.
In case you are filling the pie with a filling that must be baked within the crust, par bake the crust for about 10 minutes, then take away the crust from the oven, fill and bake in line with the filling’s directions.
Energy1735kcal (87%)Carbohydrates48g (16%)Protein54g (108%)Fats161g (248%)Saturated Fats38g (190%)Polyunsaturated Fats3gMonounsaturated Fats14gTrans Fats2gLdl cholesterol286mg (95%)Sodium1231mg (51%)Potassium75mg (2%)Fiber24g (96%)Sugar8g (9%)Vitamin A1656IU (33%)Calcium509mg (51%)Iron9mg (50%)
All dietary info relies on third occasion calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.