Are you out there for a brand new beginner-friendly drone? You’ve come to the correct place.
Immediately, I will likely be reviewing two drone fashions pitted in opposition to one another for some time now: the DJI Mini 2 SE and the Potensic Atom SE.
I’ve used DJI drones for the previous three years, and there’s a cause why DJI drones take a substantial portion of the patron drone market.
Nevertheless, a number of different drone producers are making drones that would compete with DJI drones, Potensic being one in all them.
Is the Potensic Atom SE ok to take down the DJI Mini 2 SE?
The DJI Mini 2 SE is a stripped-down DJI Mini 2, one of the dependable mini drones DJI ever launched. Most options are related; the one distinction is the video decision.
Whereas DJI has launched a number of newer drones into the market prior to now yr, every introducing newer or extra upgraded options, the DJI Mini 2 SE reuses older know-how to make a less expensive, beginner-friendly drone.
Under are its major options.
- 1/2.3-inch sensor dimension, identical because the one on the unique Mini 2, providing good digicam efficiency for its dimension.
- 12MP nonetheless pictures and a couple of.7K video decision are ok for newbies and content material creators.
- Shoots nonetheless footage in RAW, providing you with extra room for post-processing and offering a great entry level for newbies who need to transition to skilled images.
- Stage 5 wind resistance.
- 3-axis gimbal for footage stabilization.
- Quickshots and Panoramas for automated flight.
- Computerized RTH.
- 31-minute flight time, longer than most mini drones from different producers.
- OcuSYnc 2.0 for secure transmission and respectable vary.
- Sub-250 grams weight, exempting you from some laws that heavier drones should adhere to.
The Potensic Atom SE is Potensic’s try at a less expensive, lighter, extra usable drone with extra options than most mini drones.
Under is a quick overview of its options.
- A 1/3-inch Sony sensor gives good digicam efficiency for a drone its dimension.
- 4K at 30fps video decision and 12MP stills are ok for many actions.
- ShakeVanish picture stabilization.
- Automated flight modes like Observe Me, Waypoints, and Circle Flight.
- 31-minute flight time is greater than you’ll be able to anticipate from a finances drone.
- Sub-250 gram weight makes it very moveable and reduces the hurdles you will need to soar to fly it legally.
- Pixsync 2.0 system providing a spread of as much as 2 miles.
Regardless of the Potensic Atom SE having some highly effective options, I nonetheless choose the DJI Mini 2 SE and advocate it to newbies and seasoned fanatics.
DJI’s capacity to make high-quality drones continues to be unmatched.
The DJI Mini 2 SE’s 2.7K video and 12MP rival the Potensic Atom SE 4K digicam and even surpass it generally.
Moreover, the reliability of DJI’s OcuSync know-how offers a seamless and secure flying expertise.
What are the Primary Variations?
DJI Mini 2 SE vs Potensic Atom SE, what’s new?
Regardless of utilizing older applied sciences, the DJI Mini 2 SE is the higher drone as a result of following options:
- Higher high quality footage – The digicam options listed on paper and the way the drone performs in actual life typically differ, and that was the case for the Potensic Atom SE. The two.7K footage from the DJI Mini 2 SE appears to be like higher than the 4K from the Potensic.
- Picture stabilization – The DJI Mini 2 SE includes a 3-axis gimbal, which helps stabilize the footage. Then again, the Potensic Atom SE lacks this function, and the ShakeVanish picture stabilization doesn’t work in addition to DJI’s gimbal stabilization.
- Transmission – As talked about, the OcuSync 2.0 transmission system is best than most applied sciences launched on the identical time.
DJI Mini 2 SE
Launched in February 2023, the DJI Mini 2 SE got here out after DJI had launched the Mini 3 Professional and Mini 3, each of which had been replacements for the DJI Mini 2.
Nevertheless, some customers nonetheless discovered these newer fashions fairly costly, so DJI launched the Mini 2 SE for newbies searching for a budget-friendly drone to seize high-quality footage.
» MORE: Is the DJI Mini 2 SE Value It?
The primary options that make this drone particular are the picture high quality, ease of use, lengthy historical past of reliability amongst Mini drones, flight time, and high quality transmission.
Nice Starter Drone
DJI Mini 2 SE
Light-weight and Foldable Mini Drone with 2.7K Video, 10km Video Transmission, 31-min Flight Time, Underneath 249 g, Return to Residence, Computerized Professional Shoots, Drone with digicam for Rookies.
We earn a fee in the event you make a purchase order, at no further price to you.
01/07/2024 03:21 pm GMT
Potensic Atom SE
The Potensic Atom SE additionally targets newbies searching for an inexpensive drone that may seize high-quality footage, but it surely makes an attempt to supply greater than what different related drones have.
» MORE: Potensic Atom SE App (Defined)
For example, it comes with varied clever flight modes that we regularly wished for in sub-250-gram drones.
This drone additionally shoots in 4K at 30fps, which is best than different drones in its worth vary.
Picture and Video Recording
Winner: DJI Mini 2 SE
Relating to photograph and video recording capabilities, the DJI Mini 2 SE and Potensic Atom SE showcase distinct options catering to completely different consumer preferences.
The DJI Mini 2 SE gives a formidable 2.7K digicam, offering spectacular video high quality with sharp particulars and vibrant colours. Its 12MP digicam for nonetheless pictures captures clear and correct photographs. Whereas they is probably not as high-quality as these you’d get from the Mini 3 Professional or extra superior drones in good lighting situations, chances are you’ll be shocked by what this drone can do.
It boasts a secure 3-axis gimbal for clean video seize even in difficult flight situations. The Mini 2 SE performs fairly effectively in low-light conditions, making certain clear footage with minimal noise.
Then again, the Potensic Atom SE prides itself on providing 4K decision, albeit theoretically. With a 12MP digicam for nonetheless pictures, the Atom SE captures respectable photographs appropriate for primary images wants. Nevertheless, regardless of having a bigger sensor, its high quality doesn’t match that of the DJI Mini 2 SE.
That’s why the standard of footage you get from it varies, which is made worse by the unreliable picture stabilization.
An intensive comparability between the 2 drones in varied flight situations reveals that the DJI Mini 2 SE constantly offers higher high quality footage, making it the popular selection for anybody searching for a dependable aerial images companion.
Clever Flight Modes
Clever flight modes permit a drone to mechanically report footage you should use for social media or mix into your bigger shoot. The DJI Mini 2 SE does include QuickShots and Panoramas; QuickShots lets you report the footage in pre-programmed patterns comparable to Dronie, Helix, Circle, Rocket, and Boomerang. Under is how they work:
- Dronie – That is all about creating charming aerial selfies or establishing photographs. In Dronie mode, the drone flies backward and upward concurrently, protecting the topic centered within the body. This ends in a dramatic reveal of the environment or the individual in focus.
- Helix – Helix provides a dynamic and spiraling contact to your footage. On this mode, the drone ascends whereas spiraling across the topic in an upward and outward movement. This creates an attention-grabbing and visually participating shot that provides aptitude to your aerial movies.
- Circle – This revolves round creating mesmerizing round photographs. The drone orbits the topic, sustaining a constant radius and capturing a seamless 360-degree view. This mode is great for displaying landscapes, architectural constructions, or any topic that advantages from a round perspective.
- Rocket – In Rocket mode, the drone ascends quickly whereas protecting the digicam pointed downward, leading to a high-speed ascent, providing an exhilarating and cinematic perspective, particularly efficient for revealing expansive aesthetic landscapes.
- Boomerang – This function creates a visually placing and distinctive shot by combining ascending, descending, and orbiting actions. The drone follows an elliptical path across the topic, regularly shifting away and returning. This mode is great for including a dynamic and looping impact to your movies.
Panorama lets you take wide-angle photographs even with a small sensor. It does this by taking a number of clips and stitching them collectively.
Then again, the Potensic Atom SE has modes like:
- Observe Me – One function that the majority customers all the time needed on a mini drone was the Observe Me function. After a lot ready, DJI launched it within the Mini 3 Professional, however it might be costly for some. The Potensic Atom SE units itself aside by together with this function, giving informal customers and content material creators inventive methods of filming themselves. The one situation is that this drone lacks impediment avoidance, so it’s important to watch out the place you utilize this function.
- Waypoints – Till just lately, the WayPoints function was solely out there in pricier and extra superior drones. However now the Potensic Atom SE lets you pre-program the drone’s flight, making it simpler to create time lapses and simplify complicated photographs.
- Circle Flight – Because the title suggests, this function permits the drone to circle or orbit a topic. Some customers complained that it generally misplaced the topic, however when it’s working, it’s nice for filming your self in an open discipline or to seize a topic and the gorgeous surroundings behind them.
Quickshots from the Mini 2 SE work nice, providing alternative ways to create content material, however WayPoints and Observe Me options offer you extra management over the drone, providing you with a style of how it will really feel utilizing a extra superior drone.
Winner: DJI Mini 2 SE
The DJI Mini 2 SE comes with the OcuSync 2.0, with a vary of as much as 6 Miles, whereas the Potensic Atom SE’s PixSync system gives a spread of as much as 2 miles. Now, in real-world situations, you typically get a shorter vary than what’s described by the producer, so you continue to get a a lot shorter vary with the Potensic Atom SE than with the DJI Mini 2 SE.
Primarily based on my expertise, DJI drones typically maintain up higher in various flight situations because of the secure OcuSync system.
Each drones lack impediment avoidance. Nevertheless, the respective producers have included primary security options comparable to visible sensors for touchdown, LED navigation lights, and automated Return-To-Residence in an emergency.
Being GPS drones, these drones additionally hover in place within the air, making them accessible to newbies who’re nonetheless determining what the assorted controls do.
Nevertheless, it will assist in the event you nonetheless train warning when flying both. Lack of impediment avoidance means they’ll fly into an impediment in the event you don’t cease them.
Whereas enticing to most informal customers, their light-weight design additionally signifies that they are going to be very tough to fly in highly effective winds.
It’s additionally advisable to put in propeller guards to guard the propellers in case of a crash.
Weight and Design
Each drones fall into the sub-250-gram class, emphasizing their dedication to offering customers with light-weight and simply maneuverable gadgets.
This weight classification enhances the drones’ agility throughout flight and ensures compliance with laws that will apply to heavier drones.
In addition they function a foldable design and will simply slot in your palm or pocket when folded.
» MORE: Finest Drones Underneath $500
Each drones function ergonomic controllers. The DJI Mini 2 SE comes with the RC-N1, the identical controller you will see in most of their Mavic Minis and Air drones, that lets you place the smartphone on the prime.
Having used this controller with many DJI drones, I can attest to the truth that it’s mild and really snug in your fingers, and except your smartphone could be very heavy, you should use it for prolonged intervals.
The Potensic Atom SE includes a barely completely different controller design the place the shoulders open up so you’ll be able to match the smartphone between them, inflicting the entire setup to appear like a Nintendo.
When you’re not utilizing it, you’ll be able to fold it and match it in your bag. All issues thought of, there isn’t quite a bit to complain in regards to the Potensic Atom SE’s controller.
Varied customers have had blended outcomes from the Potensic Atom SE, however what you get from the DJI Mini 2 SE has been constant for probably the most half. It outshines the Potensic Atom SE in picture high quality, stability, and transmission.
The Mini 2 SE’s QuickShots and Panoramas add a inventive contact, surpassing the Atom SE’s capabilities. DJI’s reliability and user-friendly options make it a go-to for newbies and fanatics.
Potensic is arising within the client drone business by constructing drones rivaling DJI drones, however the Potensic Atom SE just isn’t there but.
The 4K decision, Observe Me, and Waypoints options are tempting, however total, I nonetheless go together with the DJI Mini 2 SE.