Weight loss: These work habits can make you fall off fitness wagon  |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Work can be a source of immense stress at times
- The efforts, drive, and motivation that goes into keeping up with a weight loss plan are almost implausible
- Another element that is necessary to pull off a weight loss routine is time, which may not be easy for working professionals
New Delhi: Losing weight may not be the easiest task for most people. Various factors such as diet, lifestyle, health, etc. can impact weight. The efforts, drive, and motivation that goes into keeping up with a weight loss plan are almost implausible. Another element that is necessary to pull off a weight loss routine is time. If you are a working professional, it might leave you with little or no time to follow a weight management schedule. However, there are some unhealthy work habits that you can cut back on to reduce the risk of weight gain.
Unhealthy work habits
Here are some unhealthy work habits that might be causing you to gain weight:
- Emotional eating has caught up to you: Work can be a source of immense stress at times. And sometimes, an increase in stress calls for comfort foods. This sudden craving for foods that make people feel better is a consequence of a surge in cortisol levels in the body and is known as emotional eating. For obvious reasons, this habit can lead to weight gain. Here, you can read more about emotional eating and tips to overcome the same.
- You have a bad posture: Did you know that your posture can impact your weight? Let us understand how by breaking it down. In order to lose weight, the body needs to work efficiently. A bad posture such as slouching can reduce this efficiency by weakening the bones, muscles, and overall structure of the body. This can have a direct and adverse impact on the weight. Deskbound jobs often lead to unhealthy alterations in the posture that can lead to weight gain. You can read more about the impact of bad posture on the body here.
- Your body is sun-deprived: Certain jobs may require more indoor work than others. This can restrict the exposure to sunlight drastically. Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that is important for physical and mental health, and the sunlight is a natural source of the same. Some studies also suggest that the deficiency of vitamin D in the body can lead to weight gain.
- Self-rewarding paradox: Work-life can be a source of immense stress. After a long day of productivity, you might think that a little treat to yourself for the hustle wouldn’t hurt, right? However, this habit of rewarding oneself can simultaneously cause damage to health and lead to weight gain. If not taken care of it, this reward can end up being a punishment in disguise.
- You are desk-bound: Does your job require you to stay at your desk for hours? If yes then this unhealthy habit can cause you to gain weight dramatically. Longer desk hours implies reduced physical activity. While this habit might not exhibit signs of an immediate weight gain, prolonged loss in physical activity may result in weight gain and other health complications.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now