- Gummy vitamins can be an effective way to fill in any nutrient gaps in your diet, especially for those who have trouble swallowing pill vitamins and capsules.
- While gummy vitamins can provide valuable health benefits, overconsumption, sugary options, additives and fillers may lead to negative effects.
- Properly scheduling your gummy multivitamin supplements is important. Find helpful tips and tricks on when to take them.
Gummy vitamins may look like candy, but they certainly provide more nutritional value than sugar-laden gummy bears. That is, as long as you stick to high-quality dietary supplements that come in this chewable, flavorful form.
While gummy supplements are gaining popularity, there are plenty out there that contain ingredients that don’t support health and vitality. Plus, with so many choices available, it can be overwhelming to figure out where to begin.
Luckily for you, we’re here to steer you in the right direction. From answering “What happens if you eat too many gummy vitamins?” to providing a recommended daily schedule, we’ll guide your way through the world of vitamin gummies.
What’s all the hype surrounding gummy vitamins?
Gummy vitamins have been trending in recent years, and for good reason. Not only do they provide the nutrients your body needs, but they can also be easier (and more fun!) to consume than pill supplements. In addition, there are dietary restriction-friendly vitamin gummies available nowadays, including ones that are vegan, keto-friendly and gluten-free.
Does that necessarily mean gummy vitamins deserve all the hype they receive?
Especially great for people with pill fatigue, gummy vitamins can be a safe and effective way to get wellness-enhancing vitamins, minerals and herbs into your body every day. However, when formulated with sugar or harmful additives, they can be less than beneficial to your health.
Bulletproof gummy vitamins are formulated without sugar or harmful additives to help maximize the benefits of a tasty gummy while avoiding the disadvantages.
What happens if you eat too many gummy vitamins?
Whether we’re dealing with minerals like calcium and potassium, water-soluble vitamins like vitamin C and biotin or fat-soluble vitamins like vitamin E and vitamin K, you must pay attention to what’s on the nutrition label. If you don’t, you could find yourself eating added sugar without even realizing it.
Furthermore, if your gummy vitamins are filled with sugars, then you may soon find yourself eating 10 or more added grams of sugar with your vitamins. Most people take vitamins, minerals and other herbs because they are known to support your health. However, taking in that much sugar has the exact opposite effect.
Potential Effects of Overconsumption
So, what happens if you eat too many gummy vitamins? Here are some potential downsides of consuming ones laced with sugar, additives and harmful fillers:
- Weight gain: Added sugars aren’t a good thing for those working on weight loss goals. Research shows a link between diets high in added sugar and being overweight, so consuming gummy vitamins that contain this sweet substance may tip the scale in the wrong direction.
- Increased insulin levels: Your body needs insulin to utilize carbohydrates, but taking in sugar on a consistent basis can lead to negative consequences.
- Decreased immune system function: Consuming sugar or sugar additives can have an adverse effect on your immune system function.
Dose limitations to consider
In addition, there are certain gummy vitamins you don’t want to take in high doses—particularly, fat-soluble vitamins A and D. If you want to know the right levels for you, contact a healthcare professional to have your levels checked.
As a rule of thumb, however, don’t take more than 900 mcg (3,000 IU) vitamin A or 125 mcg (5,000 IU) vitamin D3 per day without a healthcare professional’s oversight. Other vitamins and minerals that might be problematic if you eat too much of them include iron, magnesium and vitamin B6.
How to schedule your daily Bulletproof vitamin gummies
All this gummy knowledge is great, but how exactly should you put this wellness practice into effect? Here’s a helpful breakdown of how to schedule your daily Bulletproof vitamin gummies as a starting point:
- Morning: Get to work strengthening your immune system response first thing with Bulletproof Immune Gummies. In addition to vitamin C, they contain zinc, elderberry and echinacea—functional ingredients that support a healthy immune system.†
- Mid-day: Bolster your immune support, along with bone and heart health, at lunch. Bulletproof Vitamins A+D+K Gummies are best absorbed with a meal that contains fat, so taking these when you eat lunch can be a great way to get some essential vitamins in, while your fuel tank is running.†
- Late-afternoon: Show your joints some late-day love after you’ve spent time on your feet or at the gym. Bulletproof Turmeric Gummies are awesome recovery aids and are great for supporting a healthy inflammation response.†
- Night: A bedtime treat, Bulletproof Sleep Gummies infused with melatonin and GABA are best consumed 30 minutes prior to going after that quality shuteye. †
Long story short, yes, it is Bulletproof-approved to take all four gummy vitamins in one day. Keep in mind, however, that even though sugar alcohols like xylitol and erythritol are natural sweeteners that don’t have much of an impact on blood sugar and insulin, they can sometimes be irritating to the digestive tract to sensitive people. Always make sure to take only the recommended amount of vitamin gummies to minimize the possibility of this effect.
The bottom line: Just like other dietary supplements, choose gummy vitamins that contain health-supportive ingredients, not fillers and added sugar. It’s also important to remember that consuming large amounts of any vitamin or mineral can be risky, so make sure to check the product label for recommended dosages. If you stick to a formulated schedule like the one outlined above, you’ll be in good shape.
Still on the fence about adding vitamin gummies to your supplementation routine? Find out if gummy vitamins actually work, along with more on specific ingredients to avoid.
Join the Bulletproof Revolution
Sign up for early access to sales, product launches, the latest Bulletproof news and more!